*Othello makes a return to the Leaving Certificate Single Text and Comparative Sections for 2015*
Othello is regarded as one of Shakespeare's greatest tragedy plays. Othello is a respected and honorable Moor. But Othello's dignity is sharply contrasted against the play's antagonist Iago. The play explores many themes including love, jealously, isolation, racism and the role of the military. Below is a selection of resources intended to help in the study of the play. The resources begin with a comedic cartoon overview of the play from CliffsNotes.
1. eNotes Video: Top Ten questions to ask in Othello.
2. Detailed overview and analysis of the play from Shakespeare-Online.
3. Collection of lesson plans on Othello from WebEnglishTeacher.
4. TES English Resources on Othello (Teacher login required)
5. Citizens Theatre:Teacher notes with class activities on Othello.
6. The entire text of Othello Online.